Saturday, June 05, 2010

V01-T09 Tra-La-La/The Banana Splits Theme

.....I've mentioned before that the nature of this compilation tape is to make a continuous listening experience from selections representative of my... heterogeneous music collection without choosing items so similar as to create themes where none was intended. Having introduced a poppy television theme (in the previous post), I needed something that could naturally follow a television theme without being a television theme.

Volume 1:THE PITCHFORK APPROACH, track 9
  • 01:56 "BANANA SPLITS" [aka "TRA-LA-LA"] (Ritchie Adams and Mark Barkan)
  • performed by The Dickies
  • original source: A-side, 7" A&M AMS 7431 (UK) April 21,1979
  • and my source: CD GREAT DICTATIONS A&M CD5236 (US) 1989
.....According to the Dickies' website, this song went on to become their biggest hit, selling in excess of a quarter million copies. I didn't know that at the time that I added it to the compilation, it just seemed like the route to take. And if you're going to take that route, you might as well be driving a Banana Buggy, n'est-ce pas?

No comments: