Friday, May 13, 2011

Blogger failure, May 11-13, 2011

.....Well, let's never do THAT again. No sooner do I shake the dust off and try to get back to the five-day-a-week schedule I originally shot for last year, a mere three days later the whole Blogger system has a seizure of some kind. The post for Wednesday began late and I save it, incomplete, as a draft. Late Wednesday night/Thursday morning I went to finish it and one for the comic book blog I do and I kept getting rerouted to error messages. Then I noticed that my on screen name (next to my icon) had been changed to my personal name. My name's not really a state secret or anything like that, but the few people who read and enjoy this and don't think to bookmark it have a much better chance of finding it again by Googling "pblfsda" than my own, much more common name.

.....Long story short: the draft I was working on was lost, but the draft of the comic book post was not, probably because that one was started earlier. I'm going to have to check my archives to see if anything was lost, so rewriting the post will have to wait until tomorrow or the next rainy day. If I can manage to post the comic blog weekly and the music blogs each twice a week, that'll give me two days 'off' to put the house and yard in order. Or maybe find a job. For anyone else in Blogger, I recommend reading Blogger Buzz (I know, I usually don't either but this is one of those times it fills a real need) for the few, vague sketchy details we're ever going to get about this system suspension. For anyone just reading, don't worry too much about it. Even during the worst of it you should have been able to read any post prior to May 11th. Well, let's see if this post works.

No comments: