Wednesday, June 09, 2010

V01-T13 Paranoid

.....Long before Gagas aspired to royalty they maintained a sacred Order...

Volume 1: THE PITCHFORK APPROACH, track 13
  • 02:41 "PARANOID" (Bill Ward, Ozzy Osbourne, Terry Butler, Tony Iommi)
  • performed by The Holy Sisters Of The Gaga Dada
  • original source: CD RADIO TOKYO TAPES Vol.4 Chameleon D2-74810 (US) 1989
  • and my source: the same
.....Radio Tokyo was a studio in Los Angeles opened by Ralph Kellogg that put out compilations of original recordings made there. The Holy Sisters had released an album and an EP on BOMP!Records by the time this came out, but not much since. Some of the artists on this and previous volumes were unsigned at the time. This radical, cross-culturally arranged reworking of the Black Sabbath song put me in mind to use a Bart Simpson parody of their "Iron Man", but I couldn't find where I had put it. Not only that, but I was running out of tape on side 1. Tomorrow, the last full song and we'll be tied up by this weekend, I promise.

No comments: